It can be really scary to start your own business. It also can be very confusing. I have created this little list as a quick guide to start your home based business. If you are starting to room rent from a salon it will also help you.
- Contact your town or city office and make sure you can work from home. You can usually find this by googling: Home based business + the name of your town.
- Apply for business licenses at your municipal office. If you are room renting or chair renting you may be covered under the business and will not need to register. Just inquire at the office
- Register your business name.
Open a bank account in your business name.
- Contact local insurance to purchase liability and extra home insurance If you are room renting or chair renting you may be covered under the business.
- If you intend on making more that 30,000 apply for a Gst #.
- Call local health inspector and ask if you will need to be inspected.
There are some great business modules created by a group of estheticians that can be found in educational resources.